Friday, November 2, 2012

The Thankful Season

November is thankfulness season. Thankfulness posts explode onto all the social media sites. Thankfulness, however, is not a once a year thing.  So when you post all November about how thankful you are and then whine and moan about your life for the 11 other months of the year, are you truly thankful?

I am a thankful person.  I have a fabulous life!  I have a great family, wonderful friends and I love my job.  My challenge- to myself- and YOU is to move past the normal everyday things you are thankful for.  Have parents? I'm sure you're thankful.  Have a spouse? I bet you're thankful again.  Kids?  Thankful- check!  Look for an original, specific event or reason that you are thankful.  Here are my first 2 (since I'm already late.)

November 1- I'm thankful for the path that God set me on when He told me to move to NC.  Has it been difficult?  Absolutely!  My journey to NC has also brought more growth and taught me more lessons than any decisions I have made in this world.  Sometimes I look back at who I was then, and marvel at the amount of faith in God I had.  And I'm thankful for that faith, because without it- I wouldn't have started the miraculous journey that is my life.

November 2- Tonight, I'm thankful for child-free nights.  I love my son.  He is an amazingly intelligent, ingenious, hilarious gift.  And I'm thankful for him, but I'm thankful for him everyday!  Tonight, I'm thankful he's not here.  He is spending the night with his dad.  Sometimes I spend my child-free evenings with my fabulous friends.  Sometimes I spend them at home with a movie and some wine.  Either way, these nights let me relax, recoup and re-energize.  When my sweet boy comes home, I'm ready to take on the world again.  Being a single parent is the hardest thing I've done.  Living 5 hours from my family (see November 1) makes it even harder.  Let's here it for child-free nights!


You've read mine.  Now it's your turn.  Stop.  Think.  Reflect.  What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment