Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Making up for lost time...

The problem with naming something you are thankful for everyday in November is not  finding things you are thankful for, it's finding time to write about them all!  In typical fashion, it is the night before Thanksgiving and I'm a week behind so grab some coffee, tea, water, or wine and settle in!

Nov. 15-Facebook- It helps me keep in touch with people that I don't see or talk to everyday, but don't want to cut out of my life.

Nov. 16- the hide feature on facebook-  I love people!  Unfortunately, some of them get on my nerves.  It's not that I mind the religious or political posts, it's that I detest being overwhelmed by then.  I don't like signing on to facebook and being assulted image after image, post after post, link after link by religious and political posts.  Do you love Jesus?  Great!  Me too!  Do you have to tell me 34809 times? NOPE.  Jesus spends more time in my heart than he does on facebook.  Sometimes I hide people so I'll remember to love them instead of become frustrated with them.

Nov. 17- Good Times!- This was a busy busy busy Saturday for us.  It went yard sale (made $5.00), home to prepare food (stuffing), parade (sucked), turkey fry (awesome)!  The parade really did suck.  Seriously.  Did anyone even plan it or did people just drive through town?  I think anyone in the Piedmont-Triad area who has a car is invited to enter.  Here are a couple of my favorite attractions...

Yes, that's the Great Clips float...

I'm not actually sure if this is part of the parade
or if somebody made a wrong turn...



The turkey fry was awesome!  It was held at a dear friends house.  I had never had fried turkey before and I couldn't wait to try it. Usually, I'm so excited about the traditional Thanksgiving side dishes, that I skip the turkey, but this was good turkey.  I love meeting new people and met a lot that night.  I think they all go to my church too so hopefully I will get to know them better.

Nov. 18- Fiction-  I am so very thankful for works of fiction.  Life is tough and there is a lot of evil in the world.  I love to lose myself in made up worlds.  Where I can forget about my worries and focus on someone elses, which will all be tied up in a nice, neat package in the end.  In case you can't tell...
Breaking Dawn tickets :)
Nov. 19- adderall :)
Nov. 20- Today, I am thankful for Sherry Norton.  She is my 'other half' at school.  She's the details to my big picture.  She is the keeper of important documents that I'm not allowed to lose.  She is the one that knows exactly who is absent.  She displays student work with ease.  She loves and teaches the sweet babies in our care.  And she lets me write about her during writing.  And she doesn't laugh when we have to talk about poop in the classroom...


Nov. 21- My car.  It's a great car.  It's just a regular car but it represents two things for me.  Freedom is the first one.  As long as I have my car, I have the ability to leave.  I can leave my house or I can leave the state.  It's not the destination, it's the freedom to go.  Love is the other thing it represents.  A few years ago, I wrecked my beloved 'first car' (you know, that 'first car' you buy yourself when you get a real job).  I loved Coco the Cavelier.  I was only 1 payment away from owning her completely when the insurance company decided it was totaled.  Not only was I devastated at the thought of losing Coco, I didn't know what I would do about a replacement.  When I bought Coco, I was starting off on my own- I had a great job with a promising future.  Fast forward 6 years and I was a single mom on a frozen pay scale with bad credit.  In stepped one of the greatest men with an act of love and selflessness that blew me away.  My Pawpaw restored my sense of freedom.

Thanks for sticking around to read til the end, I know it was long but I hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. I am touched that I was your November 20th! We make a good team & I am definitely thankful for you too!

    ReplyDelete