Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for Host

As in... The Host, by Stephanie Meyer (of Twilight fame).

I recently devoured this 600+ page book. In a week.  I did nothing but read when I was home.  I got the majority of it done one weekend.  I laid on the couch and read read read read.  Reading is my first choice activity.  I read every night.  It's one of the reasons I am so passionate about teaching my students to read and why I am/was thrilled beyond belief when my son started reading at age 3.  I'm glad I got it done before the movie came out!

5 comments:

  1. My daughter read this book, so I know it's in the house somewhere! I will hunt it down and read it!! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time my son read for pleasure...I was so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not read this book, but went to see the movie last week. I definitely enjoyed it- maybe i should go back and read the book now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive had this book at home for more than a year and still havent got round to reading it but if it is as good as it sounds I'll definitely have to find it and give it a go!

    Good Luck with the rest of the A-Z challenge

    Rebecca
    WordsAndPalabras

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely read it! I will warn you though, the first 100 or so pages are not representative of the rest if the book. They weren't bad..., just... Slow moving. Keep pushing through and yu will be rewarded!

    ReplyDelete